Sunday 19 September 2010

The memory game

My 6 year-old daughter is awesome!



Every so often we play the memory game - it consists of 72 tiles with pictures on. You shuffle the tiles round and arrange them in a grid and then you take turns to turn two tiles over to find a pair. Sounds easy huh?

She absolutely batters me at it every time...

The first time I played her I thought "I'll let her win a couple - keep her confidence up" - I didn't get the chance... When I realized that she was actually quite good at it and was beating me quite comprehensively I  started to up my game but to no avail - The look on her face was priceless, she was beaming. Then her face dropped and she said "Daddy - did you let me win?" I answered her honestly by saying; "at first I thought I'd let you win but when you started beating me; I really tried to win!" Her smile returned and all was good.

I am naturally a competitive person who enjoys winning, even to the point of refusing to play games I know I'm going to lose. However, the look on my daughter's face when she beats me is a beautiful sight to behold and I love it!

1 comment:

  1. she must take after her mother!

    some excellent memory retention which will bloom even more if nurtured.

    ReplyDelete